Thursday 12 February 2009

Radio


There are some fine radio stations here in Australia but it's hard not to admit that I do miss BBC radio. I used to love listening to Radio Five Live or BBC 6 or Radio 4 on my digital portable radio. I was truly amazed to find that you cannot buy a digital radio in Australia. All you can get by way of a personal radio is AM/FM. I was looking around several major electronics shops in the CBD and found that you just cannot get a digital radio. Sure, you can listen to digital radio online but digital radio as in an appliance you can switch on just has not been introduced yet. Apparently, in May of this year they will introduce a DAB platform, which will, of course, differ from the UK/European one so my trusted little DAB won't work here. But that's okay. We'll get there..I do like the Aussie station Tripje J and there are a few good obscure ones as well.


No comments:

ss_blog_claim=260358e0c21755cd26181a6f2ea4cc08